We have lived in our house for almost 3 years and I had yet to find any kind of window treatment that I really liked AND could afford! For the longest time we had
those really ugly, plastic, cheap blinds. That is until a friend of mine made her own roman shades and told me how easy it was! Low and behold every easy and step by step direction could be found on Pinterest! Once I read through the instructions and saw how easy it was I was hooked! The idea of having exactly what I want for a fraction of the cost was great! After the hunt for the right fabric (shower curtain from Target!) was complete I started gathering my supplies! I found everything I needed at Walmart! Fabric glue, heat n bond…everything else I already had! I was worried that it would take awhile to do them…or at least that’s the excuse I gave myself trying to get out of the task…needless to say it took me roughly an hour and fifteen minutes to complete all three of them! Aside from drying over night-this project was completed during a nap time! The first one took a bit longer because it was the first attempt…but the next two were a snap! I prepped my blinds, cut and bonded the curtains, glued it all together (using heavy books to help them dry) and voila-roman shades! After putting them up and seeing that something so fabulous could be so easy and inexpensive on top of being exactly what I wanted was astounding! We have MANY windows in our house so I can’t wait to find just the right fabric for each room and embark on this project over and over again!